Here at A&G, we’re building a house: a house of project management. As we continue to look ahead at what’s next, we’re looking to evolve our own offerings and processes, and need a few good PMs to get there. The ideal candidates to fill these roles (yes, there are multiple openings!) will become the point people for a variety of projects. Keeping teams on schedule, on budget and on brief is pretty pivotal, so you should be pretty good at that. Also, you should have the utmost confidence in making sure all the moving parts of a campaign, pitch, brand experience, or project of any variety come together as beautifully as a PB&J sandwich.
Are you into it? Cool. Here are some bullet points to consider before applying:
- You must be passionate about your craft, with solid marketing or advertising agency experience that demonstrates an ability to lead concurrent projects of varying size and complexity.
- You’re a highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful individual with excellent communication skills. Let’s repeat that because it bears repeating: you have excellent communication skills.
- You live and breathe process, but also understand when to loosen the reins. You’re a systems thinker, but you know when creativity is needed.
- You thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven business environment and can demonstrate the leadership and confidence required to move projects forward in a firm but respectful way.
- You’re a strong team leader with a motivating work ethic and analytical mindset, able to effectively add value in workflow/process improvement, resource management, quality/risk management, and change management.
- Lead the scoping process, including but not limited to deliverable definition, project planning, requirements gathering, schedule creation, and budgeting
- Manage interdisciplinary teams, consisting of strategists, media, experience designers, community managers, analysts, public relations, designers, writers, developers, producers, and editors
- Keep projects on track throughout the entire project lifecycle through status reports, meeting notes, clear task lists, and issue tracking
- Partner closely with business leadership / account teams and producers throughout every project, end to end
- Communicate clearly, frequently, and comfortably across email, phone, and in person
- Involve the right people at the optimal levels for project success and overall account utilization
- Balance the needs and finances of the clients with those of the agency, as well as fostering the growth and morale of team members
- Manage and contribute to meetings and conference calls, ensuring efficient use of time and that the entire team is clear on outcomes, next steps and responsibilities
- Own budget management, keeping all financial aspects organized, and clearly communicating status and issues/risks to the necessary team members and managers
- Sense conflicts before they impact the work and team, and clearly communicate project issues and resolutions to appropriate stakeholders
- Problem-solve responsibly and flexibly against evolving priorities and changing environments
- Lead and inspire project teams by maintaining a positive and calm demeanor
- Help implement, integrate, and standardize Delivery / Project Management across the organization
- Act as point of contact for escalations
- Liaise with Philadelphia office and remote resources as needed
- Prior experience as a project manager in an agency environment, or directly related experience. Minimum of 1 year of experience (including internship experience)
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience of managing traditional and digital marketing projects, including but not limited to TV, radio, print, out of home, video, websites, OLA / banners, social media, emails, strategy, and marketing planning
- Experience or exposure to agency core disciplines and capabilities, including but not limited to account leadership, finance, strategy, creative development, user experience, interactive design, development, social, technology, production, and QA
- Deep experience in creating and communicating detailed project plans in Gantt chart format
- Knowledge of integrated team workflows and inter-office operations
- Prior experience managing external vendors and resources to assist with execution
- Knowledge and curiosity in financial analysis, data management, and related software
- Ability to stay cool, calm, and collected during emergencies
- Proficiency with Macs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and either Powerpoint or Keynote, and experience with or exposure to Basecamp
- Empathy, understanding, and ability to anticipate the needs of team members to keep projects humming and people happy
Allen & Gerritsen (A&G) is a fiercely independent agency in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. A&G runs its own innovation think/make tank (A&G Labs), creates original entertainment through its production studio (A&G Motion), embeds brands into the cultural conversation through its Brand Newsroom and creates Brand Experiences that marry a brand’s physical and digital worlds to enhance consumer engagement. Ad Age twice has named A&G the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media. To learn more, check out http://www.a-g.com/ or follow the agency on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
A&G is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies will not be accepted at this time.