Media Supervisor (Broadcast / Streaming Media)
This media supervisor has all of the star qualities of a media planner, but works even more autonomously and strategically. The position is expected to function at a highly efficient level and to maintain and enhance all client relationships.
In addition to their core account assignments, the media supervisor is expected to take part in larger areas of agency development – new business pitches, committees, and task forces. This role is a step toward greater leadership within the media team and the agency overall.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Day-to-day management of numerous media campaigns, including oversight of buy recommendations, execution details, budgets/financials, etc.
- Plan and buy all broadcast and streaming media while integrating cross-channel thinking into all media plans
- TV: Network, cable, VOD, FEP, OTT / CTV, PTV, in-stream video
- Radio: Terrestrial, streaming, podcast advertising
- Ability to work both with senior management or autonomously to develop strategies and recommendations for media plans
- Take a lead role in training and managing junior staff
- Work closely with the other a&g teams including Engagement Strategy, Analytics, Business Leadership, Creative, and Finance to streamline and enhance internal processes.
- Stay up-to-date and be a resource on the latest news and technology that affects our industry and clients
- 4-6 years of media planning/buying
- Deep knowledge and experience in planning and buying both broadcast and streaming media
- Strong knowledge of new and emerging media offerings in the marketplace
- Digital media planning and buying experience a plus
- Advanced user of research and planning/buying tools, including suite of Nielsen tools (MRI, Scarborough, Ad Intel, @plan, etc.), STRATA/SBMS, SRDS, SQAD
- Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional budget/financial skills
- Resourceful problem solver
- Experience with managing multiple accounts
- Deep knowledge of the broadcast marketplace and solid understanding of digital ecosystem
- Exceptional media skills – strategic thinking, introduction of innovative ideas/techniques, stellar negotiation, insightful analysis
- Strong relationships with all a&g teams and in the media community that deliver measurable results to clients
- Capable of developing and presenting compelling, persuasive, and innovative client presentations
- Successful staff management abilities with demonstrated interest in helping others to develop media and professional skills
- Share important industry and client news to a&g teams and externally
- Can perform as a leader with minimal supervision
Allen & Gerritsen (a&g) is a fiercely independent agency located in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. a&g curates its own branded entertainment (#afewgoodminutes) and embeds brands into cultural conversation through its brand newsroom. a&g was named by Ad Age as the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media not once, but twice, and relishes working with great clients that always ask, "What's next?" For more information, including creative profiles, visit www.a-g.com or find the agency on Facebook and Twitter.
a&g is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted at this time.