We can’t wait to add an awe-inspiring Director to our PR practice in Philadelphia. The Director will hold a senior leadership role within a fast-growing team (we’ve tripled in revenue over the last four years!), and have direct account-ownership/client-management and team-mentoring responsibilities. This is a rare agency opportunity in Philadelphia--a PR shop within an ad agency: a leadership role that affords the successful candidate the ability to sit squarely in the center of a truly modern PR practice--creating campaigns shoulder-to-shoulder with colleagues in paid, shared and owned content.
So, who are you?
- You’ve risen through the ranks at an established PR shop (maybe one of the big ones), and you’re ready for a new adventure in an independent setting, and within an advertising agency. You’re whip-smart. You’re the team member who not only gets sh*t done, and flawlessly, but makes a little magic in the process. You’re experienced enough to truly be a strategic leader, but you are still eager to roll up your sleeves and do the tactical work that keeps accounts moving and thriving. You motivate the team by your proactive example.
- You’re seasoned in the art of reputation management. You love corporate PR and the brand storytelling that comes with it, and you may have both healthcare and technology expertise. You’re open to not being a specialist; instead, you’ll relish the ability to pivot between various clients, industries and tasks. You embrace simplifying the complexities of B2B accounts, but can have fun and make magic in a B2C environment, too.
- You’re passionate about the marketing industry and proactive in staying up-to-date on broader trends -- digital, influencer, etc. -- and are excited to leverage that experience and insight to strengthen overall team capabilities.
- You’re eager to take part in (and lead) new business efforts--not just as part of the PR team, but also as a member of cross-disciplinary/all-agency pitch teams. You can also build killer Keynote decks.
- You’re a storyteller. Your writing skills are unparalleled (send samples!), and you have proven media relations success.
- You work hard and adversity only stiffens your resolve. But you also want to bring your “whole self” to work--you’re more than just your job and want co-workers who feel the same.
- You’re not only excited to lead the growth of the PR division, you’re also very passionate about developing junior staff and building meaningful relationships with your team.
Does this sound like a fit? New Director: we look forward to meeting you!
- 7+ years of PR experience
- Agency background is a must
Allen & Gerritsen (a&g) is a fiercely independent agency located in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. a&g runs its own innovation think tank (a&g Labs); curates its own branded entertainment (#afewgoodminutes); and embeds brands into cultural conversation through its brand newsroom. a&g was named by Ad Age as the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media not once, but twice, and relishes working with great clients that always ask, "What's next?" For more information, including creative profiles, visit www.a-g.com or find the agency on Facebook and Twitter.
Allen & Gerritsen is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted at this time.