Allen & Gerritsen is seeking a rising public relations star to join its Boston office as a Manager, Public Relations. The Manager will be an integral team member in a fast-growing (we’ve tripled in revenue over the last four years!), collaborative public relations practice. This is a rare agency opportunity--a PR shop within an ad agency: a role that affords the successful candidate the ability to sit squarely in the center of a truly modern PR practice--creating campaigns shoulder-to-shoulder with colleagues in paid, shared and owned content.
We want to hear from you if:
- You love to write. If somebody asks you to name the top three things you’re really good at, storytelling is on the list.
- You’ve worked in agency land for a few years and are eager for a new challenge with a lot of running room to grow an agency and your career.
- You’re a self-starter and have experience acting autonomously, but you’re still eager to learn from your broader team.
- You’re open to not being a specialist; instead, you’ll relish the ability to pivot between various clients, industries and tasks. You embrace simplifying the complexities of B2B accounts, but can have fun and make magic in a B2C environment, too. You embrace the idea that “variety is the spice of professional life.”
- You’re comfortable playing a leadership role, and always rise to the challenge.
- You have experience managing projects from start to finish, and you instill confidence in your colleagues that you’ll get the job done.
- You love to consume the news and stay up-to-date with current trends, especially within your clients’ industries.
- You’re always curious to learn more, and you view challenges as new opportunities to build upon your skills and broaden your expertise.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a client contact/relationship manager; manage day-to-day account activities with the support of the broader PR team
- Actively engage in media relations efforts
- Work with the broader PR team to brainstorm, develop and implement campaign strategies and tactics
- Manage content creation/brand journalism efforts
- Serve as a member of the Brand Newsroom editorial team
- Oversee account management and client reporting
- Participate in the new business process
- Manage interns and associates on account work
Other qualifications we like:
- Strong writing skills; writing samples and a writing test will be required
- At least 2 years of experience
- Proven media relations acumen
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Working knowledge of PR tools including Cision and Muck Rack
- Experience working at the intersection of PR and content creation
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus
- Self-motivated disposition
- Outgoing personality
- Experience managing PR campaigns in the B2B technology or financials services sectors is a plus, but not required
Allen & Gerritsen (a&g) is a fiercely independent agency located in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. a&g runs its own innovation think tank (a&g Labs); curates its own branded entertainment (#afewgoodminutes); and embeds brands into cultural conversation through its brand newsroom. a&g was named by Ad Age as the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media not once, but twice, and relishes working with great clients that always ask, "What's next?" For more information, including creative profiles, visit www.a-g.com or find the agency on Facebook and Twitter.
Allen & Gerritsen is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted at this time.